This is an Odlums recipe. These cookies are fun and easy to make✨The recipe suggests using smarties. If I were to make these again, I would use smarties rather than the sweets I did use (marshmellows+heat=🥴)
- 50g Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 175g Odlums Porridge Oats
- 50g Shamrock Light Muscavado Sugar
- 50g Butter (room temperature)
- 1 Egg
- A few drops Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of Bread Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- Colourful Sweeties
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5. Lightly grease a large flat baking tray.
- Put the sugar, butter, egg and vanilla essence into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gently stir in the flour, oats, bread soda and salt and mix well.
- Finally, stir in the colourful sweeties.
- Drop heaped teaspoons of dough onto the prepared tin, leaving about 2 inches space to allow for spacing.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Allow to stand for one minute, then transfer to wire tray to cool. When cold store in an airtight container.