This recipe is by Irish blogger Niamh O’Sullivan.
- 250g Digestive biscuits
- 100g Butter (melted)
- 600g Full fat soft cheese
- 100g Icing sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 250ml Double cream
- Strawberries and lemon zest for decoration
- To make the base, butter or line a 23/24cm loose-bottomed tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush them all to crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, then pour over the melted butter.
- Mix the melted butter and crumbs thoroughly until crumbs are completely coated. Tip them into a prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to set firmly.
- Place the cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl, then beat with the electric mixer until smooth. Tip in the lemon juice and double cream and continue beating until the mixture is completely combined.
- Spoon the cream mixture onto the biscuit base, starting from the edges and working inwards, making sure there are no air bubbles. Smooth the top of the Cheesecake down with the back of a dessert spoon or spatula and leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- Bring the Cheesecake to room temperature about 30 minutes before serving. Remove it from the tin and slip the cake onto a serving plate.