This is a Happy Pear recipe and makes 12-18 muffins.
- 160ml sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 170g maple syrup
- 200g finely grated carrots
- 75g walnuts
- 200g gluten free flour/ white flour if not gluten intolerant
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- For the icing:
- 200g vegan cream cheese
- 90g coconut oil
- 75g agave syrup
- 25g walnuts to garnish
- Add ground flax seeds to 9tbsp water, mix well and leave for 5 mins. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Sieve and mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (walnuts, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice).
- In another bowl, add all the wet ingredients (sunflower oil, grated carrots, maple syrup, vanilla extract, flax, egg) and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Take a standard 12 muffin tray and line with cupcake liners. Divide the mixture evenly. Bake at 180° for 20 minutes.
- Icing (can be made the night before) Add ingredients in a pot and heat whisking regularly till coconut oil melts. Once coconut oil has melted, remove from heat. Mix using a hand blender or whisk. Leave to cool in the fridge.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and let cool fully. Once fully cool ice the cupcakes using either a piping bag or a spoon. Ice muffins, add a walnut on top and enjoy!