Happy World Chocolate Day 🍫 My friend Niamh sent me this recipe by recipetineats and serves 6-8. There are lots of Tiramisu recipe variations online. This recipe does not use whipping cream and uses raw eggs. ‘There’s layers to this s***player, Tiramisu, Tiramisu’-Macklemore.
- 3 eggs (yolks and whites separated)
- 110g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 1/4 cups black coffee (hot and strong)
- 2 tbsp (or more!) liquor (I used Baileys)
- 24-30 lady fingers,pavesini or savoiardi biscuits
- Cocoa for dusting
- Beat yolks and sugar using an electric whisk on speed 6 to 7 for 10 minutes or until it changes from yellow to pale yellow (almost white) and is thick.
- Add vanilla and mascarpone, beat until just combined and smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl, set aside.
- Clean bowl and whisk. Add egg whites and beat until its stiff (should be all white foam)
- Add 1/2 the cream mixture into the egg whites. Gently fold through. When most incorporated, add the remaining cream mixture and fold through until just combined- don’t bash out all the air in the egg whites!
- Mix coffee and liquor together. Quickly dip biscuits in and line the bottom of a dish (20cm square dish or bowl).
- Spread over half the cream, then top with another layer of coffee dipped biscuits.
- Spread with remaining cream.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours, preferably overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.