This recipe is by Supervalu. I recently bought Achill Island Sea Salt and was looking forward to using it in this recipe. The recipe can be slightly adjusted depending on how many servings you want and the size of the potatoes. I used 3 sweet potatoes today.
🥛Dairy free🌾Suitable for Vegetarians
- 5 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt (I used Achill Island Sea Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. 3 large sliced potatoes are usually too crowded on 1 sheet, but it depends on their size. You may need an additional sheet. Set aside.
- Place cut sweet potato fries in a large bowl or ziplock bag and toss with cornstarch. You want a nice thin coating.
- Pour the potatoes into a strainer and shake off extra cornstarch. Discard the extra cornstarch out of the mixing bowl too. Place potatoes back into the bowl and add add the garlic, seasoned salt, chilli powder, black pepper and oil.
- Line the sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet. Try not to crowd them or else they won’t bake, they’ll just steam. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and flip. Place them back into the oven for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to rotate the pan to avoid uneven browning.
- Turn the oven off and keep the fries inside as as the oven cools down for about 30 minutes. This step will help the fries get crispier. Enjoy 🙂