My granny turns 89 this week so I decided to make a Baileys Cheesecake, as Baileys is her favourite drink (I don’t blame her). This cheesecake should be stored in the fridge💚
- 300g Digestive Biscuits
- 150g Butter or Margarine (melted)
- 75ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 500g Mascarpone
- 340g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 60g Caster sugar
- 175ml Double Cream
- Popcorn,Salted Pretzels and Caramel (or Butterscotch) sauce
- Line a 20cm loose-bottomed tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush them all to crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, then pour over the melted butter.
- Mix the melted butter and crumbs thoroughly until crumbs are completely coated. Tip them into a prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to set firmly.
- Beat the mascarpone cream cheese, sugar and Baileys with an electric whisk or balloon whisk until smooth.
- Spread over the cake and chill for at least 2 hours. Spend at least some of this time licking the spoon.
- Whip the cream, dollop on top of the cake and spread it around.
- Decorate with popcorn and pretzels and drizzle over the caramel (or butterscotch) sauce