This recipe is by Odlums and is quick and easy to make. These coconut buns make a brilliant snack or dessert.
- 225g/8oz Cream Plain Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 75g/3oz Butter or Margarine
- 75g/3oz Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g/2oz Desiccated Coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150ml/¼pt milk
- Raspberry Jam
- Desiccated Coconut (I used more than what is pictured)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease 2 flat baking trays.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter or margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and coconut and mix well.
- Mix to a fairly stiff consistency with the egg and milk.
- Drop dessertspoonfuls of the mixture, spaced apart on the prepared tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer buns to wire tray to cool.
- Brush the top with jam and dip in the extra coconut.