Disclaimer: not a vegan. This recipe by The Happy Pear serves 1. Ingredients can be varied according to your preferences, (vegan) cheese may also be used. Black beans may be used instead of red kidney beans.
- For the ‘Meat’
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 a red chilli
- 100g oyster or button mushrooms
- 4 tbsp tamari
- 1 tin red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 yellow pepper
- For the Salsa
- 1 red onion
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Juice of one lime
- A ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
vegan nacho cheese (optional)
- Roughly chop mushrooms as well as some red and yellow peppers.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, along with the tamrai.
- Add your beans to the pan and mix.
- Add peppers to the pan, mix and fry for another 2 minutes.
- To make your salsa, chop your red onion, halve your cherry tomatoes and, after removing the skin and core, slice your avocado. Add these to a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients for your salsa, and mash with a fork.