McVitie’s Digestives biscuits go well with a cup of tea. This is my first McVitie’s Recipe. I thought the sound of crumbled biscuits on cupcakes sounded yummy so decided to give this recipe a go and it did not disappoint🍪🧁
- 20g dark chocolate, chilled
- 4 McVITIE’S Digestives©
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sieved
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sieved
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Line a muffin tin with 10-12 muffin cases.
- Use a fine grater to grate the chocolate and place the grated chocolate back in the fridge.
- Put the McVITIE’S DIGESTIVES© in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, eggs and milk until completely blended and smooth.
- Divide this mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 18-20 minutes until well risen and springy to the touch.
- Allow to cool before sprinkling with chocolate shavings and McVITIE’S DIGESTIVES© crumbs.