This recipe is by McVitie’s and serves 6.
- 18 McVitie’s Digestive Biscuits
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 chocolate chips (60g)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Grease a 20cm square cake tin and dust with flour.
- Put the McVitie’s Digestives in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Combine the McVitie’s Digestives, flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar, ideally using an electric mixer, until fluffy and light.Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla to the butter and sugar with the mixer on low.
- Beat until combined, then add a third of the flour mixture along with half of the milk. Beat until combined again, then add another third of the flour and the remaining milk. Beat again. Add the rest of the flour and the chocolate chips. Stir in thoroughly.
- Spoon the batter into the cake tin and spread out evenly. Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into bars before serving.