The frozen banana is the genius part of this recipe. It adds a brilliant creamy texture to the smoothie without having an overpowering taste of banana. The combination of vanilla and orange is reminiscent of the iconic ice pop the ‘Super Split’. To really amp up the flavour the orange zest or orange blossom are great in this Halloween smoothie. The only thing you will need is some food colouring to really boost the flavour and have it looking that vibrant spooky orange colour. This smooth, creamy, orange smoothie is an unusual twist on a smoothie but one you are sure to love.
- 1 frozen banana
- 250 mls orange juice
- 250g pot of vanilla yogurt / orange yogurt
- 1 tsp orange blossom / zest half orange
- 2 tsp vanilla
- drop of yellow and orange food colouring
- Optional: 1 orange peeled and chopped up
- Freeze the banana for a few hours before you need it. Weigh out the ingredients and pop them in the blender. Blitz, pour and serve.