This recipe by Jamie Oliver serves 12 and and turned out delicious. The combination of sweet and salty flavours work well.
- 375 g shortcrust pastry
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 pinch of fine sea salt
- 50 g unsalted butter , (at room temperature)
- 200 g dark chocolate , (70%)
- 50 ml whole milk
- sea salt flakes
- creme fraîche or ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 23cm greased tart tin.
- Pastry: Sift 225g plain flour into a large bowl, add 100g diced butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in a pinch of salt, then add 2-3 tbsp water and mix to a firm dough
- Knead the dough briefly and gently on a floured surface.
- Cover with baking paper, fill with dried beans and bake blind for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the beans and bake again for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Put the cream, sugar and fine sea salt in a pan and bring to the boil. Remove as soon as the mixture boils up. Off the heat, add the butter and snap in the chocolate. Stir until blended.
- Take a couple of minutes for a breather, then stir in the milk. Keep stirring till shiny.
- our into the tart shell and leave at room temperature for 2 hours to set.
- Pour into the tart shell and leave at room temperature for 2 hours to set.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes lightly all over, then serve with creme fraîche or ice cream.