This recipe is by Odlums and turned out lovely.
- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 125g/4oz Cold Butter, cubed
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Cold Water
- 175g/6oz Shamrock Ground Almonds
- 175g/6oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 175g/6oz Butter
- 1 tsp Goodall’s Almond Essence
- 400g jar Mincemeat
- 100g packet Shamrock Flaked Almonds
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Lightly grease a 28cm/11 inch flan tin. To make pastry put flour, butter and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and rub through with finger tips until the mixture is course breadcrumbs. Add the egg and sufficient water and mix to a stiff dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface and use to line the prepared tin. Prick the base of the pastry using a fork. Line pastry case with grease proof paper and fill with rice or ceramic baking beans.
- Place in oven and bake blind for ten minutes. Remove the grease proof paper, beans or rice, and return to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the filling by putting all ingredients into mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Spread a thin layer of mincemeat on the pastry and spoon the almond mixture on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes until filling is set.
- After 20 minutes gently shake the flaked almonds over the almond filling and finish baking. Serve hot or cold with cream, custard brandy butter or ice cream.