What would a birthday be without Colin the Caterpillar? This delicious cookie dough is easy to prepare and perfect for parties, picnics and indulgent snacks.
- 65g plain flour
- 55g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 20g golden syrup
- 15g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 40g white chocolate chunks
- 40g milk chocolate chunks
- 40g chocolate brownie mini bites, cut into sixths
- M&S jazzie sprinkles
- Mini Colin faces
- Put the flour in a microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds to avoid burning, until an internal temperature of 75°C/167°F is achieved. Allow to cool. (This step is important as there’s a risk of using raw flour, heating kills any potential bacteria.)
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, caster sugar and golden syrup until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and cooled flour, then whisk until combined. Add the milk and continue to whisk until smooth.The mixture should now resemble cookie dough.
- Stir in milk and white chocolate chunks and ¼ of a jar of jazzie sprinkles.
- Gently fold in the brownie pieces, being careful not to overmix as they’ll break down.
- Scoop the dough into a bowl and decorate with mini Colin faces before serving. Chill in the fridge if you prefer a firmer cookie dough.