This recipe by Odlums is easy to follow and the muffins turned out delicious. It makes 12 muffins if using bun cases or 8-10 with muffin cases.
- 250g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 12g/¼oz Cocoa
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Chocolate Chips
- 1 level teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 large Egg
- 150ml/¼pt Milk
- ½ teaspoon Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
- 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3.
- Melt butter/margarine and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix the egg, milk and vanilla essence into the cooled butter/margarine.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix to make a very soft mixture.
- Spoon into bun cases, making each case about two thirds full.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.