Colin the Caterpillar is an all-time birthday classic. This M&S recipe for a Colin fridge cake is super-simple to make. It is topped with sprinkles and cute mini Colin choc faces.
- 125g iced party rings
- 400g milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 75g butter
- ½ tub M&S chocolate brownie mini bites, each cut into quarters
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- Mini Colin faces
- Put the iced party rings in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin until you have 5-pence-sized pieces.
- In a large saucepan over a low heat, melt the milk chocolate and butter, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Melt until no lumps remain. Allow to cool for 5-10 mins.
- Stir the crushed party rings, brownie pieces and white chocolate chunks into the chocolate-butter mix until everything is fully coated.
- Press the mix into the lined baking tin, smoothing until even.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and top with mini Colin faces, spaced apart so that later you can cut the fridge cake into pieces that each have a face.
- Put in the fridge and chill for a minimum of 4 hours before cutting into pieces.