As the quarantine restrictions are easing, we can look forward to hopping on a plane in the not too distant future (hopefully). I have listed tips below for packing a suitcase and preparing for your next trip.
- Write a list of things you want to bring- you can start this weeks in advance. You may have to buy some items for the trip and having a list will prevent you from forgetting anything important.
- Roll your clothes to prevent them from creasing. Clothes can be placed in vacuum compression bags which are sealed, maximising space in your suitcase.
- Pack heavier items such as shoes towards the bottom of the suitcase
- Pour liquids into 100ml clear containers. Containers can be bought at a discount store, pharmacy or some clothing stores. Avoid bringing too many liquids if you are only going for a few days. Don’t forget suncream!
- Fit oddly shaped items such as accessories or hairbrushes last.
- Bring a totebag for foodshopping or souvenirs and another small bag for laundry. Ziplock bags are great for snacks, chargers or small items such as makeup and it is always a good idea to have two or three of these handy.
- Check if you require a travel adapter for the country you are travelling to.
- Luggage tags can be bought at a low cost and can be useful in preventing luggage from getting lost. Limit the amount of information on your lugagge tag, you do not need to write your home address or nationality. A name, phone number and email address should do as well as the address of where you are travelling to.
- Bring a scarf for the plane journey. Whether it is an early morning flight or late at night, the plane can often be chilly.
- Bring a reusable water bottle that can be brought through security empty.
- Passport and boarding pass!
Comment below if you have any other suggestions or tips 💭✨ Subscribe if you know the song reference🎵